DISCRETE MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS
Discrete Manufacturing, is defined by the production of unique items that can be easily identified.
Discrete manufacturing process are not continuous and may differ depending on demand. Output is measured by defined unit of measure such as units. Each output can be disassemble back to the original components.
- Materials and products are physically distinct.
- Defined Build of Material, without need for scrap.
- Single unit of Measure
- Tracking by Serial Number
- QC Control critical for end of process
- Raw Material/ Recycle Material Usage and Loss tracking by Percentage and /or Factor
- Direct Assembly process
- Replacement of products or components easily done during production.
- Replenishment and inter-site transfers
Discrete Manufacturing is usually considered the ‘smaller’ brother of manufacturing as it is usually lighter in technical requirements. It is also known as Assembly Manufacturing. Availability of inventory and the disparate production process are the key factors. Knowing the key measurement and control points for discrete manufacturing is essential.
Ready to Talk?
DO YOU HAVE A BIG IDEA WE CAN HELP WITH?