WHO is Responsible for the Processing of Your Personal Data?
The Advance Infosys entity responsible for the processing of your personal data will depend on how you interact with our Sites and Apps.
WHAT Personal Data We Collect and WHEN
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our inquiry and service desks, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or interact with our Sites or use our Apps. This personal data includes your:
- Contact details including name, email and company website
- Login and account information, including name, password and unique user ID.
- Personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing and cookie preferences
We use additional personal data in order to enable particular features within our Sites and Apps or services. For example, we request access to your phone’s geolocation data in order to log your run route, your contacts to allow you to interact with your friends, your calendar to schedule a training plan or your social network credentials in order to post content from an App to a social network. This personal data includes your:
- Movement data from your device’s accelerometer
- Photos, contacts and calendar information
- Sensor data, including heart rate and (GPS) location data
- Social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about Advance Infosys or your communications with us
When interacting with our Sites and Apps, data is automatically collected and shared with Advance Infosys by the technology platforms providing the experience. For example, your web browser or mobile device may share certain data with Advance Infosys as those devices interact with Advance Infosys’s Sites or Apps. More information about these practices is included in the Cookies and Pixel Tags section below. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags
Tools to Manage What We Collect
When using our Apps, we also inform you about our collection and use through standard permissions in app stores, mobile operating systems, and in the App experience. We also prompt you for your consent where necessary.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of information. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY and HOW We Use (Process) Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect from you in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Sites, Apps, and Services You Request
When you use our Sites and Apps, we will use your data to provide the product or service you have selected. For example, if you make a purchase on advanceinfosys.com, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you reach out to our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
In many cases, to use particular features within our Sites, Apps, and services you may need to provide Advance Infosys with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Marketing and Promotional Purposes
To modify your (email or SMS) subscriptions or to opt-out of receiving Advance Infosys communication, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use the email address provided to send you marketing communications about Advance Infosys products or services, unless you have opted-out. Where legally required, we will also seek your consent for sending marketing communications.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We may use the data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we may use that information for accounting, auditing and other internal functions. As another example, we may use data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and Apps.
To Protect Our or Others’ Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and Services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to advanceinfosys.com search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Advance Infosys’s Sharing
Advance Infosys shares your personal data with:
- Advance Infosys affiliates for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Advance Infosys’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
When you use certain social features on our Sites or Apps, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name and profile picture. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your Advance Infosys activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing Advance Infosys’s social sharing to control what information you make available through Advance Infosys’s social features.
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Personal Data
- Encryption & Security:We use a variety of technical and organizational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to these systems.
International data transfers: The personal data we collect or generate (process) in the context of our Sites and Apps will be stored in the Malaysia. Some of the data recipients with whom Advance Infosys shares your personal data may be located in countries other than the country in which your personal data originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your data. Nevertheless, when we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries, including the Malaysia, we will protect that personal data as described in this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
Retention of your data: We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
Your rights related to your personal data: You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion of your personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on compelling legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including opting-out from the use for direct marketing purposes.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Advance Infosys receives and records information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through Advance Infosys Sites or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
USING Advance Infosys Sites and Apps with Third-Party Products and Services
Our Sites and Apps allow you to interact with a wide variety of other digital products and services. For example, our Sites and Apps can integrate with third-party devices for activity tracking and social networks.
If you choose to connect your Advance Infosys account with a third-party device or account, your privacy rights on third-party platforms will be governed by their respective policies. For example, if you choose to share your Advance Infosys activity on third-party social media platforms, the policies of those platforms govern the data that resides there.
Our Sites and Apps may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Applicable law and our practices change over time. If we decide to update our Policy, we will post the changes on our Sites and Apps. If we materially change the way in which we process personal data, we will provide you with prior notice, or where legally required, request your consent prior to implementing such changes. We strongly encourage you to read our Policy and keep yourself informed of our practices. This Policy was last modified in March 2019.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
We welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our Policy and privacy practices.
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please send us an email at email@example.com.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner.